The following message is from Dorset Alert –
Monday 13th July. This is a general crime prevention message.
We are continuing to see vehicle related crime across all areas of Poole.
A reminder of some tips to reduce the risk to your vehicle:
- Do not leave your loose change or any other cash on show;
- Remove all valuables from the car and do not leave things like bags or sunglasses on display;
- Where possible, park your vehicle in a well-lit area with CCTV;
- Ensure all your windows and doors are secure before you walk away;
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle, even if you are only leaving it for a few moments;
- Do not leave devices like phones in the car. Always take them with you when you leave;
- Remove stereos and sat nav equipment when you leave your car and wipe off any marks left behind.
Additionally, for commercial vehicles:
- Fit a visible alarm system;
- Display a “I have no valuables in my vehicle” sticker or sign;
- Double lock your van;
- Reduce access to your vehicle by parking up against a garage/wall/building.
Remove It Lock It
Message Sent By
Tony Thomas (Dorset Police, Volunteer 4234, Poole)