PHSG has a number of physical exercise activities throughout Poole and its neighbourhood, and some social activities. These cover :
- Regular weekly exercise sessions run by fully qualified trainers at a number of venues around the Poole area – see Exercise Sessions and Exercise Venues
- Walking group which organises a walk every 10 days, usually 3 to 4 miles at a gentle pace. There is a walking book issued to members that wish to participate in the group, and this is normally sent out with the Spring magazine.
- Cycle group – short easy cycle rides for fun, which are normally 15 to 20 miles long.
- Monthly meetings with talks on health issues or topics of general interest
- Chat Stop – almost monthly meetings for a chat with fellow members and have a cup of tea or coffee
- Skittles – occasional matches
- Dining – an annual dinner and occasional lunches at the Escoffier Restaurant, part of Bournemouth College